Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Simon vs. the Homosapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli - Book Review



"Simon vs. the Homosapiens Agenda" by Becky Albertalli
Book Discussion and Review


"Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda" is a YA contemporary novel that follows a high schooler named Simon. He has been emailing secretly an unknown classmate with the code name Blue. Simon is gay and knows that Blue is another boy at his high school, but he isn't sure who. One of his peers, named Martin, stumbles upon these private emails. I will forever hate Martin for this, and really, people with the name Martin start off on the wrong foot with me now. The blackmail that ensues and the decisions Simon has to make to protect his privacy and Blue's privacy were the driving force for the book, and definitely a page-turner. I really enjoyed this book! Becky Albertalli is one of the YA authors, that as an adult I can read, and it doesn't feel cringy or contrived, it's just a good book. Was it a little slower or predictable at times? Maybe. But it was also so cute and deep during those moments - that I kind of don't care! Have you read "Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda"? Let me know what you thought of it below in the comments! 

1 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about this, and it's always nice when an author can bring a YA book in such a way that adults can relate to it as well. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! If you are a blogger as well, please be sure to leave a link to your blog- I'd love to visit!