Monday, October 1, 2018

Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer - Book Review


I really enjoyed "Into the Wild" by Jon Krakauer - explores the life and death of a man named Christohper McCandless. A young man who in 1992 gave away all of his money, abandoned his car, changed his name to Alexander Supertramp, and ventured out into the Alaskan wilderness.  His body was found four months later in a bus he had taken shelter in,  and with his body they found an assortment of journals that gave some perspective on how Christopher came to be where he was found. I was familiar with the story before starting the book, but I had also made a lot of assumptions about Christopher that I shouldn't have. This was incredibly thought provoking because it's entire point it seemed was to challenge those assumptions that you might make about someone like Christopher. Krakauer did an amazing job mixing other related stories, with Christopher's story, including Krakauer's own adventures to really give perspective to Christophers decisions. Have you read "Into the Wild"? I'd love to chat with you about this book! Comment down below and share your thoughts on this book!

1 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book, but I loved Krakauer's Into Thin Air, so I should try this one out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! If you are a blogger as well, please be sure to leave a link to your blog- I'd love to visit!